Is all the interesting information you’re consuming leading to meaningful results in your life … or is it going to waste?
Discover how having a Second Brain is helping people around the world save their best ideas, organize their knowledge, and lead a more fulfilling life with more ease & less stress.
Here is the simple truth: you can’t afford to keep everything in your head.
You have way too much to remember, too much to think about, and too much to do.
Trying to keep all those balls in the air using a brain that never evolved for it makes life more stressful for you than it should be.
And the problem is: The volume of information flooding your brain today is just a trickle compared to what’s coming.
If you’re wondering whether you’ll ever be able to accomplish your most important goals amidst all the competing obligations that life throws at you…
Then you’re not alone!
More and more people realize that…
The good news is: You don’t have to accept this state of constant Information Overload.
There are tools already at your fingertips to help you capitalize on the full potential of your knowledge and ideas.
This isn’t about finding the right productivity app to solve all your problems! (It doesn’t exist.)
It’s about developing a system of tools, habits, techniques, and mindsets to take care of the mundane day-to-day details, freeing up your attention for more creative, interesting endeavors.
This will allow you to consistently do your best work – the work that has a real impact on the people, the organizations, and the communities that matter to you…
And truly leave work behind each day, knowing you’ve gotten everything you can out of your time, so you can be present with your families, hobbies, and the rest of your life.
Let me tell you how…
Hi, I’m Tiago Forte
I’ve spent more than 10 years researching and personally experimenting with a new way of organizing our digital lives and improving our productivity as creative professionals.
What started as a quest to deal with a chronic illness turned into a life-long mission to help you harness the full potential of your ideas and turn them into reality. I firmly believe this is a crucial part of creating a better future for all of us.
The system I want to share with you is the result of thousands of hours spent teaching, speaking, coaching, and writing about Personal Knowledge Management.
The C.O.D.E System
This is our 4-step process for consistently turning the information you consume into creative output and concrete results.
Whether that’s better decisions, better opportunities, or new products or services. And as a side effect, the constant worry that there’s some little detail falling through the cracks will fade away for good.
– Silvano Arieti
While technology is constantly changing, the heart of the creative process remains fundamentally the same:
- Capturing information from the outside world
- Organizing it in a way that lets you easily find and use it
- Distilling it down to the best ideas
- And then expressing your ideas in your unique voice through writing, speaking, designing, or teaching.
What you’ll be learning and doing week by week
A comprehensive curriculum to harness the full power of your ideas.
• Identify and overcome the most common limiting beliefs around productivity, thinking, and learning in the Information Age.
• Discover why you need to build a digital notetaking system even though you can “google” anything.
Escape the “reactivity loop” and learn how to manage Information Overload. This will have a direct positive impact on your physical and mental health.
• Know and prioritize the digital tools available to you, so you aren’t distracted by the next “shiny object.
”Identify your personal priorities using the Feynman Method, a simple exercise created by a Nobel prize-winning scientist.
• Set up your digital capture system with clear criteria for what is worth capturing in your Second Brain and what isn’t.
Week 2: Organize your ideas for insight and easy access
• Find out how to “time travel” thanks to your digital notes.
• Turn your digital notes into “thinking tools” that allow you to access brainpower you didn’t even know you had.
• Implement a simple technique called PARA to bring order to your entire digital life in minutes.
• Set up your Second Brain as a dynamic system that evolves along with your needs and priorities.
• Discover the incredible power of an up-to-date Project List, with in-depth feedback and guidance on how to create one for yourself.
Week 3: Distill your notes to make them easily discoverable
• Find out what the real purpose of notetaking is (Hint: It’s not to remember things).
• Design your notes for “glanceability,” making them easily discoverable for your Future Self.
• Master Progressive Summarization, a new take on highlighting specifically suited to digital content.
• Train your ability to decide what’s important and what’s not in the moment.
• Embrace strategic laziness over rigid rules – our notetaking strategies leverage human nature instead of fighting it.
Week 4: Express your ideas and turn them into concrete results
• Maximize your Return-on-Attention and get value out of every bit of attention you spende the most common limiting beliefs around productivity, thinking, and learning in the Information Age.
• Switch your default approach from “heavy lifts” to “slow burns” to escape the rat race of trying to work harder and longer than everyone else.
• Transform raw material into knowledge assets – a valuable body of knowledge for a side project, career advancement, or new business.
• Use the concept of Intermediate Packets to completely transform your approach to productivity. Never start anything from scratch again.
• Become interruption-proof and get better and faster feedback than you ever thought possible.
• Escape any creative roadblock or dead-end with the principles of divergence and convergence.
Week 5: Your next steps
• Take advantage of the compounding knowledge in your Second Brain to tackle projects of any size with ease.
• Move consciously from scarcity to a place of abundance, from obligation to service, and from mindless consumption to self-expression.
• Discover how Project Kickoff and Completion Checklists can help you reuse your best thinking and free up your mind for more interesting, fulfilling endeavors.
• Establish Weekly and Monthly Reviews as routine check-ins to keep your productivity, creativity, and peace of mind on track.
• Evaluate your progress and identify areas for improvement using our trademarked Second Brain Snapshot, which measures your Personal Knowledge Management skills along 12 dimensions and compares how they’ve changed over the 5 weeks of the course.