Ever wish you could just coach, and not bother with the pesky marketing stuff?
Hey life coach, I see you.
You love coaching. Those “aha” moments of insight, the melting of old beliefs, new sparks of possibility, helping clients create massive change… you live for that stuff.
‘Cause you’ve got some mad coaching skills. It’s obvious to anyone who gets on a Zoom call with you.
But writing sales emails, creating social media posts, and making a funnel… doesn’t feel as sparkly as coaching.
In fact, it’s kind of a drag.
Am I right?
IF YOUR MARKETING WERE AS POWERFUL AS YOUR COACHING, YOU’D HAVE TAKEN OVER THE WORLD BY NOW.
And you know it. But instead, here’s what it might be like, now:
- Marketing feels heavy, awkward, and time-consuming.
- It feels separate from the rest of your business – you know, the part where you actually change lives.
- “Marketing is about service.” Yeah, yeah, you get it – intellectually. But it doesn’t feel natural and joyful at all.
- You wait for an open space of time, the right mood, perfectly-aligned stars, the magical feeling of being tapped into the creative flow of the universe… then you’ll be able to churn out all the magnetic content. Except that happens… almost never.
- You look at people cranking out so much quality content, and who still have time to actually coach people. You wonder — “But how? Didn’t creating all that content drain the fuck out of you?”
And when you write copy…
- You feel way too close to everything to have any kind of perspective.
- You come up with a brilliant idea… and the judgment immediately sets in, and soon enough, you’re overthinking every sentence.
- You know you should write copy that provides value ahead of time. But what the fuck does that actually mean?
- You have a million ideas saved in your notes and journals… and somehow, few of them ever make it out to the world.
But you’re smart. You’re so good with people and you know you’re a good coach. So why does writing copy and marketing have to feel so heavy awkward? There is giant honking disconnect somewhere, right?
Uh, yes, there is.
Let me explain this to you.
The reason marketing feels hard is not because you’re doing it wrong. It’s because you’ve been programmed by corporate marketing culture.
Corporate marketing culture was invented by, like, Johnson & Johnson and Walmart, to sell detergent and soda.
It was created by white men in suits selling cheap commodities to millions of people they’ll never meet so they can maximize stakeholder returns.
It’s all about leveraging data points to sell to as much of the ‘masses’ as possible. And this way of marketing, impersonal and soul-less, is what you’d learn in marketing courses at university. It’s how conventional “marketing experts” are trained.
Even if you buy marketing courses targeted to solopreneur coaches, you’ll find yourself steeped in those ideas. Because even digital marketing in 2020 is a direct descendent of old school corporate culture.
Ever been stressed out by trying to do an “ideal customer avatar”? Or felt icky trying to “generate more leads”? Pushing “pain points” and faking urgency?
Why does it feel like pulling teeth? It’s because you’re not fucking Pepsi Co.
And we are life coaches who sell soul-growing, life-transforming work to one individual at a time, within a private container of sacred trust. (This is true even if you’re selling a group or membership program.)
Of course you don’t want to manipulate data and corral people through a funnel to get a sale. And of course you don’t want to churn out “content” on a schedule like you’re assembling blenders on a production line.
And thank goodness, you don’t have to.
There is a different way.
IT’S POSSIBLE TO UN-DO CORPORATE MARKETING CULTURE AND REWRITE THE RULES SO THAT IT ACTUALLY SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING YOU WANT TO DO.
Enter Joyful Marketing.
Because whether you want to sign 15 clients or 1,500, all you have to do is:
- Show up like a normal human being,
- Meet people that you actually like,
- And let them know how you can help – in person, in email, on social media – anywhere there are humans.
Weirdly enough, that can actually be pretty hard at first. Because we’ve been brainwashed by the other stuff that makes us sound awkward and stilted for so long.
So I’m here to be your guide all the way to the other side.
Come with me.
Joyful Marketing isn’t about telling you what rules to follow to maximize clicks.
It’s about reprogramming your marketing brain permanently with new principles based on integrity, human connection and love.
There are five parts to it. You need to know how to:
- Be in partnership with the spirit of your business, and those you serve.
- Create content that serves everyone who encounters your business.
- Make offers that sell by making new possibilities vivid in your clients’ minds.
- Lead your community with your moral, civic and spiritual values.
- Be in your own breakthrough and be the living, breathing billboard for the transformation you offer.
The 5 modules include all the down-to-earth strategies so you know exactly what to do today.
And they are designed to support you in truly feeling at home in your business, knowing that your marketing is a reflection of your heart.
Here’s what you will learn in each module.
MODULE 1. BE IN PARTNERSHIPLearning how to be in a collaborative ecosystem is the difference between feeling alone and confused, and feeling connected and motivated. In this module, you will learn…
- How to double your confidence by partnering with the spirit of your business
- How to “call in” clients who are a “hell yes” on you
- What to ask yourself everyday that will make your marketing irresistible to your dream clients
- Little-known ways get your nervous system on your side so you’re not always fighting against yourself to get work done
- How to honor your unique brain (even if you have ADHD, high sensitivity, trauma, or are on the spectrum) to finally create consistency and sustainability in your marketing
MODULE 2. CONTENT THAT SERVESNever be in doubt about what to write, how to write it, and whether it will actually help people and create results. In this module, you will learn…
- The #1 principle that will 100% remove any whiff of sliminess or neediness out of your marketing
- The only copy rule you need to un-boring your message, and make your writing irresistible
- How to share in a way where people are genuinely changed by the content you serve up, so they want to follow you and know more
- The one technique that kills perfectionism, saves you tons of time and increases joyful productivity
- How to embody the ultimate generosity in your content
MODULE 3. OFFERS THAT SELL Making offers is stressful? Do you hold back and try to ‘space it out’ so people don’t feel pressured or spammed? Only in corporate marketing. In this module, you will learn…
- How to make an offer that feels like water to a thirsty person
- How to think about offers so that making one becomes an act of service in itself
- The one magical frame that always makes making offers feel relaxed, fun and generous (Seriously. It’s time we all broke up with that internal pressure for good)
- The non-icky, non-manipulative way to create urgency so people say “yes” to your offer now
- The one principle that makes it crystal clear exactly when, and how often, to make your offer
MODULE 4. LEAD YOUR COMMUNITYIt’s not enough to pitch your coaching and get buyers. You must be the change you want to see in the world to create a bigger wave of change in the world. In this module, you will learn…
- How to draw in the kind of people you want to hang out with, and be their leader (spoiler alert: this is the main thing that actually makes marketing fun, like it’s a party)
- How to create authority without hierarchy, and exude expertise without feeling fake or pretentious
- How to develop a strong backbone so you create and enforce excellent boundaries around your business (hint: this removes 90% of the stress of showing up online)
- How to create beautiful, joyful, growth-creating cultures in the communities you lead
MODULE 5. BE IN YOUR OWN BREAKTHROUGHThere is no better marketing than for people to see you being the living example of transformation. In this module, you will learn…
- How to live in integrity with what you preach… without having to turn yourself into a superhuman perfect robot
- Tools that make personal breakthroughs and hitting big goals normal
- How to become known for creating client breakthroughs
- My signature evaluation protocol that regularly takes my clients to fully booked while hustling less and enjoying life more
I’m Simone Seol, life coach, business mentor for coaches, host of the Joyful Marketing Podcast.
I started out as a tarot-reading hypnotist who loved the work of actually helping people, but wasn’t making much money at all. Then I actually figured out how to do the marketing and selling stuff in a way that doesn’t feel gross to me.
In 2019 and 2020, I made nearly a million dollars in coaching revenue, and have coached dozens and dozens of coaches to get fully booked.
I’ve noticed over and over again there is only one crucial difference between the coach who consistently signs dream clients and moves up in revenue… and one who doesn’t.
It’s whether they enjoy marketing, and bring their creativity and fun into it.
That stuff is not “nice to have.” It’s a must if you want to build a sustainable business with unique impact and revenue that grows in proportion to your skill. And it’s about so much more than just more money. Because we love money, but we also want a wonderful life. And congruence with our values.
Joyful marketing comes from Truth and Love… and hence is sacred.
Joyful marketing is the purest transmission of your unique God-given gifts… and hence is an art form.
Joyful marketing creates trust, resonance, and changes of hearts… and hence creates big movements and unlocks magical opportunities.
Joyful marketing effortlessly draws in and filters for the kind of clients who love you the most, and are happy to pay you… and hence is the most profitable business strategy.
And most importantly, joyful marketing isn’t a goddamn drag to do.
If you’re just starting out, this is what will get you connecting with your first clients fast. If you already have a profitable business, this will be the difference between stressful, hit-and-miss launches and ease-filled, sold out launches.
Joyful marketing will be the end of marketing dread, forever.