- Paul Foxman
- 6 Hours 1 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jun 07, 2017
Nature and Causes of Anxiety
- How, when and why anxiety develops in children
- The anxiety temperament (biological sensitivity)
- The “anxiety personality” – assets and liabilities
- The role of stress in anxiety
How Anxiety Manifests in the Classroom
- Task avoidance
- Restlessness and hyperactivity
- Attention deficits
- School avoidance
- Social isolation
- Depression and withdrawal
- Fatigue and low energy
- Low motivation
- Disorganization and poor time management
- Academic inconsistency or decline
- Learning disabilities
- Behavior problems
Seven Key Anxiety Disorders: Symptoms and Case Examples
- Separation anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Social anxiety disorder (including selective mutism)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Assessing stress level in students
- 3-S approach to stress management (signs, sources and skillful solutions)
- Focusing the mind for learning
- Classroom friendly calming and relaxation activities
- Encouraging “flow”
- Mindfulness strategies
- Relationship building with anxious students
- Tips for reducing test anxiety
- Creating calm in the classroom
- 3 questions: intervention for anxious parents
- “Responsive Classroom”: applications and research findings
- Risk management with high-conflict divorce families
- Managing technology use in and out of school
- Best approach to bullying
- Anxiety curriculums for schools (friends for life, lifeskills)
- Special considerations for preschoolers
- Behavioral health recommendations
- How to be a role model for low stress and anxiety
Limitations of Research and Potential Risks
- Consider scope of practice
- Empirical and anecdotal evidence
- No “one size fits all” for any modality of anxiety treatment
Vermont Center for Anxiety Care
Paul Foxman, Ph.D., has led hundreds of workshops throughout the U.S. and Canada, and he has appeared on television and radio as an expert on the topic of anxiety. His books include The Clinician’s Guide to Anxiety Disorders in Kids & Teens (PESI, 2016), Dancing with Fear (Hunter House, 2007) and award-winning The Worried Child (Hunter House, 2004). He also co-authored a casebook, Conquering Panic and Anxiety Disorders (with Glatzer) (Hunter House, 2002). Dr. Foxman is known for his knowledge and clarity, sense of humor, compassion, and engaging speaking style.
Dr. Foxman is a clinical psychologist, as well as founder and director of the Vermont Center for Anxiety Disorders. In 1985 he co-founded the Lake Champlain Waldorf School in Shelburne, VT, now flourishing from kindergarten through high school. Dr. Foxman has over 40 years of clinical experience in a variety of settings including hospitals, community mental health centers, schools and private practice.
Dr. Foxman’s education includes Yale University (B.A. in Psychology), Peabody College of Vanderbilt University (Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology), and training at the Department of Psychiatry of Mt. Zion Hospital in San Francisco, the Kennedy Child Study Center in Nashville, and the San Francisco Psychoanalytic Institute.
Financial: Dr. Paul Foxman is the founder/director of the Center for Anxiety Disorders. He is an author for Hunter House and receives royalties. He is an author for Jason Aronson, Inc. and receives royalties. He is an author for Da Capo Press and receives royalties. He receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Dr. Paul Foxman co-founded the Lake Champlain Waldorf School.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.biz.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!