Sowa Rigpa: The Foundations (Part Two)
52 Hour Online Course with Dr. Nida Chenagtsang
THIS COURSE IS A REPLAY OF A LIVE COURSE THAT TOOK PLACE SEPTEMBER – NOVEMBER, 2020
Course consists of recordings of 26 two-hour live interactive webinars taught by Dr. Nida Chenagtsang.
This portion of the course covers the topics:
Embryology according to medical and energy systems
Anatomy of the body including tissues and energy structures
Physiology and typology according to the three nyes pa
Physical and energetic death processes
INTRODUCTION TO SOWA RIGPA HERBAL MEDICINE:
This portion of the course covers the topics:
Tibetan Materia Medica: Herbs listed in the Root Tantra
Pharmacology: Basic Sorig formulas, their production, application, and dosage for general and specific indications.
Pre-requisite (must be completed prior to taking this course:
Sowa Rigpa the Foundations (Part One) or Sorig Khang International equivalents.
Sowa Rigpa: The Foundations (Parts One, Two, and Three) comprise the first year pre-requisite for several rigorous multi-year Sowa Rigpa Institute programs.
Progression through this course requires you to watch all videos and complete homework assignments and quizzes.
1. GETTING STARTED
• STUDENT GUIDE
• Course Community
• Navigating this Online Learning Platform
• Daily Prayers to Medicine Buddha & Yuthok
• Explanatory Tantra translation – Ch. 1
• Mentseekhang Explanatory Tantra Translation – Ch. 1 – 7 (REFERENCE USE ONLY: DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE)
• Materia Medica Introduction
• Single Herbs of the Root Tantra – Draft Edition
• A Manual of Simple Tibetan Herbal Formulas – Draft Edition
• Course Notes and Supplementary Files
3. MODULE ONE: Body Formation
• Lecture 1.1 | General Introduction and Summary (Chapter 1 of Explanatory Tantra)
• Lecture 1.2 | Embryology Part I (Chapter 2 of Explanatory Tantra)
• Lecture 1.3 | Embryology Part II + Analogies of the Body (Chapters 2 & 3 of Explanatory Tantra)
• Lecture 1.4 | Anatomy Part I (Chapter 4 of Explanatory Tantra)
• Lecture 1.5 | Anatomy Part II (Chapter 4 of Explanatory Tantra)
• Lecture 1.6 | Physiology Part I (Chapter 5 of Explanatory Tantra)
• Lecture 1.7 | Physiology Part II (Chapter 5 of Explanatory Tantra)
• Lecture 1.8 | Bodily Classifications (Chapter 6 of Explanatory Tantra)
• Lecture 1.9 | Vajra Body/ Subtle Anatomy
• Lecture 1.10 | Signs of Death/Dissolution Part I (Chapter 7 of Explanatory Tantra)
• Lecture 1.11 | Signs of Death/Dissolution Part II (Chapter 7 of Explanatory Tantra)
• Lecture 1.12 | Review of Module 1 – Body Formation
• QUIZ ON MODULE 1
4. MODULE TWO: Tibetan Materia Medica & Introduction to Pharmacology
• Lecture 2.1 | Principles of Sowa Rigpa Herbalism
• Lecture 2.2 | Materia Medica
• Lecture 2.3 | Materia Medica
• Lecture 2.4 | Materia Medica
• Lecture 2.5 | Materia Medica
• Lecture 2.6 | Materia Medica
• Lecture 2.7 | Materia Medica
• Lecture 2.8 | Pharmacology
• Lecture 2.9 | Pharmacology
• Lecture 2.10 | Pharmacology
• Lecture 2.11 | Pharmacology
• Lecture 2.12 | Pharmacology
• Lecture 2.13 | Pharmacology
• Lecture 2.14 | Conclusion
• Lecture 2.15 | Four Tantras Meditation
• QUIZ ON MODULE 2
Dr. Nida Chenagtsang
Dr. Nida Chenagtsang is a traditional Tibetan physician and lineage holder of the Yuthok Nyingthig, the unique Vajrayana Buddhist spiritual healing tradition of Tibetan Medicine. Born in Amdo, in North Eastern Tibet, he began his early medical studies at the local Tibetan Medicine hospital and later was awarded scholarship to enter the Lhasa Tibetan Medical University where he completed his medical education in 1996, with practical training at the Tibetan Medicine hospitals in Lhasa and Lhoka. Dr.Nida has published several books and articles on Tibetan medicine, meditation, and yoga, and his extensive research and revival of ancient Tibetan healing methods has earned him great acclaim in both East and West. Founder of the Sowa Rigpa Institute, Dr.Nida train students in Sowa Rigpa and the Yuthok Nyingthig in over forty countries internationally.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.biz.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!