Sowa Rigpa: The Foundations (Part Three)
50 Hours with Dr. Nida Chenagtsang & Dr. Caroline Van Damme
This is a replay of a live course that took place between January and March 2021
The third in our series of Year One Foundations of Sowa Rigpa courses covers the topics of Sowa Rigpa Diet & Lifestyle and Sowa Rigpa Psychology.
Course consists of 20 2.5-hour video recordings with Dr. Nida Chenagtsang and Dr. Caroline Van Damme
(Must be completed prior to taking this course)
Sowa Rigpa: The Foundations Part One AND Part Two (or equivalent)
1. GETTING STARTED
• COURSE OVERVIEW
• Navigating this Online Learning Platform (PDF)
• Navigating this Online Learning Platform (Video)
• Course Community
• Daily Medicine Buddha and Yuthok Prayers
• Introduction/ Topics Covered in this Course
• Course Text: Lifestyle Module
• Lecture Terminology and Notes
• ROOT TANTRA LIFESTYLE: CHAPTERS 13, 14 + 15 – MenTseeKhang translation – FOR REFERENCE ONLY!
• SLIDES BY SOWA RIGPA INSTITUTE
• Four Tantras Tree
3. MODULE ONE: SOWA RIGPA LIFESTYLE
• 1.1 | Introduction to Lifestyle
• 1.2 | Routine Lifestyle
• 1.3 | Seasonal & Temporary Lifestyle
• 1.4 | Routine & Social Lifestyle
• HOMEWORK #1: Research Write-up on Lifestyle (The Explanatory Tantra, Chapters 13 -15)
• 1.5 | Lifestyle Summary
• HOMEWORK #2: Advice on Social Lifestyle (The Explanatory Tantra, Chapter 13)
4. MODULE TWO: SOWA RIGPA DIET
• 2.1 | Taste & Post-Digestive Taste
• EXERCISE: THE 6 TASTES AND THE FOODS YOU EAT
• 2.2 | Diet & Nutrition
• 2.3 | Diet & Nutrition (Continued)
• 2.4 | Dietary Restrictions
• 2.5 | Summary & Presentations
• DIET RESEARCH PROJECT DESCRIPTION (Due at the end of course)
• OPEN BOOK QUIZ COVERING MATERIALS FROM MODULES ONE AND TWO
5. MODULE THREE: SOWA RIGPA PSYCHOLOGY
• 3.1 | Attachment & Trauma
• 3.2 | Anxiety Disorders
• 3.3 | Mood Disorders
• 3.4 | Psychosis & Possession
• 3.5 | Addiction
• 3.6 | Personality Problems
• 3.7 | Family & Community
• 3.8 | Dharma & Mental Balance
6. REVIEW AND CONCLUSION
• 4.1 | Conclusion: Sowa Rigpa Psychology
• 4.2 | Conclusion
• OPEN BOOK QUIZ COVERING MATERIAL FROM MODULE THREE
• DIET RESEARCH FINAL PROJECT: UPLOAD
• How to receive your certificate of completion
Dr. Nida Chenagtsang
Dr. Nida Chenagtsang is a traditional Tibetan physician and lineage holder of the Yuthok Nyingthig, the unique Vajrayana Buddhist spiritual healing tradition of Tibetan Medicine. Born in Amdo, in North Eastern Tibet, he began his early medical studies at the local Tibetan Medicine hospital and later was awarded scholarship to enter the Lhasa Tibetan Medical University where he completed his medical education in 1996, with practical training at the Tibetan Medicine hospitals in Lhasa and Lhoka. Dr.Nida has published several books and articles on Tibetan medicine, meditation, and yoga, and his extensive research and revival of ancient Tibetan healing methods has earned him great acclaim in both East and West. Founder of the Sowa Rigpa Institute, Dr.Nida train students in Sowa Rigpa and the Yuthok Nyingthig in over forty countries internationally.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.biz.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!