Sowa Rigpa: The Foundations (Part One)
108 Hour Course with Dr. Nida Chenagtsang
THIS COURSE IS A REPLAY OF LIVE CLASS THAT TOOK PLACE MAY – JULY, 2020.
Course consists of recordings of 36 3-hour live interactive webinars taught by Dr. Nida Chenagtsang.
This course is an introduction to the foundational theory and practice of Sowa Rigpa, Traditional Tibetan Medicine. Following the text The Tibetan Book of Health by Dr. Nida Chenagtsang with reading transmission and commentary on the Root Tantra (the first of the Gyud Zhi Four Tantras), students will be guided through a study of:
Tibetan Medical Philosophy: The Five Elements, Three Humors, Balance of Body, Energy, Mind and Causes of Imbalance.
The Tibetan Art of Diagnosis: Observation, Urine and Pulse analysis, Questioning of Patient.
Five Methods of Treatment: Diet, Lifestyle, Herbal Remedies, External Therapies, Spiritual Healing
Sowa Rigpa: The Foundations (Parts One, Two, and Three) comprise the first year pre-requisite for several multi-year Sowa Rigpa Institute programs.
Progression through this course requires you to watch all videos and complete homework assignments and quizzes.
Certificate of completion is awarded upon completion of all course content.
1. GETTING STARTED
• STUDENT GUIDE
• Dr. Nida’s Introduction to this Course
• Navigating this Online Learning Platform
• Course Community
• COURSE TEXTBOOK: The Tibetan Book of Health by Dr. Nida Chenagtsang
• COURSE TEXTBOOK CORRECTIONS: errata sheet, Tibetan Book of Health
• COURSE TEXT : Root Tantra (Tibetan with English Translation)
• DAILY PRAYERS: Homage to Medicine Buddha and Yuthok Nyingthig Elimination of Obstacles
• COURSE LIBRARY: Lecture Notes & Supplementary Files
• VISUAL STUDY AIDS: LABELED AND UNLABELED TREES
3. MODULE ONE: Foundations of Sowa Rigpa/ The Tree of Health & Disease
• Lecture 1.1 | The History of Sowa Rigpa & Introduction to the Medicine Buddha’s Mandala
• Lecture 1.2 | The Scheme of Tanaduk: Medicine Buddha’s Mandala
• Lecture 1.3 | The Tree of Health & Disease
• HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #1
• Lecture 1.4 | The Origins of Imbalance
• Lecture 1.5 | The Tree of Health & Disease
• HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #2
• Lecture 1.6 | Three Nyepa, Five Elements & the Organs
• HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #3
• Lecture 1.7 | Intro to Typology
• Lecture 1.8 | Intro to Hormé External Therapy
• PRACTICAL EXERCISE: Hormé
• Lecture 1.9 | The Buddha’s Birth, Enlightenment and Parinirvana
• Lecture 1.10 | Introduction to Diagnosis
• HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #4
• Lecture 1.11 | Urinalysis & Review of The Tree of Health
• PRACTICAL EXERCISE: Self-Analysis
• Lecture 1.12 | Root Tantra Chapter 2 & Review
4. MODULE TWO: The Trees Diagnosis & Treatment
• HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #5
• Lecture 2.1: Review
• QUIZ 1
• Lecture 2.2: The Tree of Diagnosis
• HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #6
• Lecture 2.3: The Tree of Treatment
• Lecture 2.4: Discussion of Typology, Pathology & Diet
• Lecture 2.5: Diet & Lifestyle
• Lecture 2.6: Lifestyle
• HOMEWORK ASSIGNEMENT #7
• Lecture 2.7: Spiritual Lifestyle
• Lecture 2.8: Nejang Yoga + “Temporary” Behaviors or Lifestyle
• Lecture 2.9: Introduction to Herbal Medicine
• Lecture 2.10: Introduction to Herbal Formulas
• Lecture 2.11: Medicines in the Tree of Treatment
• Lecture 2.12: External Therapies
• QUIZ 2
5. MODULE THREE: Introduction to Sowa Rigpa Treatment & Intakes
• Lecture 3.1: Introduction to Sowa Rigpa Treatment Points
• Lecture 3.2 | Intro to Pulsetaking and a Patient Intake
• Lecture 3.3 | Student Intake
• Lecture 3.4 | Sense Organs, Moxa, and Student Intake
• Lecture 3.5 | Student Case Studies
• Lecture 3.6 | The Four Noble Truths
• Lecture 3.7 | The Leaves of the Tree of the Four Tantras
• Lecture 3.8 | Reading Transmission & Intake
• HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT #8
• Lecture 3.9 | Anxiety and Sowa Rigpa
• Lecture 3.10 | Sowa Rigpa Pulse Reading
• Lecture 3.11 | Summary & Finalize Intake
• Lecture 3.12 | Conclusion & Class Party
• QUIZ 3
Dr. Nida Chenagtsang
Dr. Nida Chenagtsang is a traditional Tibetan physician and lineage holder of the Yuthok Nyingthig, the unique Vajrayana Buddhist spiritual healing tradition of Tibetan Medicine. Born in Amdo, in North Eastern Tibet, he began his early medical studies at the local Tibetan Medicine hospital and later was awarded scholarship to enter the Lhasa Tibetan Medical University where he completed his medical education in 1996, with practical training at the Tibetan Medicine hospitals in Lhasa and Lhoka. Dr.Nida has published several books and articles on Tibetan medicine, meditation, and yoga, and his extensive research and revival of ancient Tibetan healing methods has earned him great acclaim in both East and West. Founder of the Sowa Rigpa Institute, Dr.Nida train students in Sowa Rigpa and the Yuthok Nyingthig in over forty countries internationally.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.biz.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!