- Latasha Matthews
- 5 Hours 58 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Dec 16, 2019
Ethical and Moral Principles Regarding Boundary Setting
- Levels of ethical practice
- Ethical decision making
The Need for Boundaries in a Clinical/Private Practice Setting
- What is needed in a sound informed consent
- Boundary crossing and the necessity of dual relationships
- What healthy boundaries look like
- Boundary tips
Technology and Boundary Setting
- Keeping clients safe as you prepare for the use of telemental health
- Social media myths and boundary setting
- Marketing and boundary setting
- Challenges business owners face in setting solid business enhancing boundaries
- Client retention: When to refer and to whom
Ethical Financial Dilemmas and Boundary Setting
- Addressing money: Relationship with money and money beliefs
- The importance of ethical fee setting
- Knowing your WHY and business planning
How Counselor Impairment Impacts the Therapeutic Relationship
- Boundary setting in self-care
- Critical stress factors clinicians face
- Self-confidence and using the word NO to set boundaries
- How burnout, vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue impacts the therapeutic relationship
Explore Positive Outcomes in Private-Practice/Clinical Work
- Benefits of boundary setting to the clinician, client, community and the profession
Latasha Matthews MA, LPC, CPCS, CPLC, specializes in private practice development and counselor development. She is the author of The Dumping Ground: A Guide to Gaining Powerful Skills to Set Life-Changing Boundaries. In addition, Ms. Matthews is an adjunct professor at Shorter University, Atlanta, and the owner of Illumination Counseling and Coaching, LLC. She is the co-founder of Pieces that Fit, Inc. a 501(3)(c) organization that provides support for cultural diversity, mental health, academic success, and life skills.
With over 20 years of experience in the human services field, Ms. Matthews has a wealth of knowledge, experience, and passion that she loves to share with the world. She develops and conducts several workshops and educates counselors across the nation. She provides consultation, mentorship, and internships to clinicians as often as she can. She serves as a committee member on the board for certified professional counselor supervisors from the State of Georgia.
Ms. Matthews earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resources from the University of Akron and her MA in Professional Counseling and Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy from Argosy University. Her professional memberships include: the American Counseling Association, Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia, and Chi Sigma Iota.
Financial: Latasha Matthews is in private practice. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Latasha Matthews is a member of the American Counseling Association; and Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.biz.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!