- Joan Junkin
- 6 Hours 17 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Apr 17, 2019
Infection Control Solutions: Bacterial loads, Debridement Devices, Maggots and Biofilm
- Surfactants and non-toxic antiseptics to decrease bacterial load
- Debridement devices allow all clinicians to provide excellent mechanical debridement
- Don’t discount maggots – latest research results
- Update on biofilm research findings
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Solutions: Circulation Challenges, Off-loading and Complex Healing
- Circulation criteria before debriding
- Off-loading devices help you comply with the latest guidelines
- Research to address the complex healing challenges
Edema-Caused Leg Ulcer Solutions: Address Edema, Compression Options and Slough Interventions
- Address circulation and edema first
- Numerous compression products and donning devices (adequate arterial flow)
- One compression device or pumps (inadequate arterial flow)
- Speed up healing through new interventions to address the challenges with slough
Complex Pressure Ulcer Solutions: Tools and Algorithms to Take Back to Work
- Microclimate management tools and techniques to treat
- Repositioning tools
- Support surface algorithm
- Nutrition recommendations from current guidelines
Open Surgical Wound Solutions: Negative Pressure Devices, Instillation Therapy, Isolate a Fistula
- Use the wide variety of negative pressure devices effectively
- Why a leased device for high exudate
- Disposable options for low to moderate exudate Instillation therapy combined with negative pressure
- Devices to isolate a fistula
Arterial Insufficiency Wound Solutions: Diagnosis, Treatment Modalities, Arteriovenous Pumps
- New diagnostic options
- Research results by therapy modality
- Arterio-venous pumps
Joan Junkin, MSN, APRN-CNS, CWOCN®, began her wound specialty as a research analyst for the pressure ulcer guideline treatment panel in 1992. During her 10 years as an acute care Wound Clinical Nurse Specialist, she conducted and published research and served as chair of the National Accreditation Committee for Wound, Ostomy and Continence educational programs. Joan has published articles in several peer reviewed journals and the past 10 years has presented 8 hour wound seminars to professionals in all 50 states and 4 provinces in Canada.
Ms. Junkin has been invited faculty at WOCN national and regional conferences and SAWC. She currently provides clinical consults for long-term care and hospice in Nebraska and teaches as a clinical associate for the University of Nebraska College of Nursing. Her extensive clinical and speaking career gives Joan a broad perspective from which to draw clinical wisdom and very practical approaches. She keeps her seminars fresh by adding in appropriate doses of humor. In a field such as wound care where scientific data changes best practice more quickly than guidelines can be published and where new products are introduced monthly, this well-grounded expert will help you focus on what will make a difference in skin health and wound care outcomes.
Financial: Joan Junkin is the Owner of The Healing Touch, Inc. She is on the speaker’s bureau for Sage Products Inc. Ms. Junkin receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Joan Junkin has no relevant nonfinancial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.biz.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!