- J. Eric Gentry, Ph.D., D.A.A.E.T.S.
- 6 Hours 13 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Nov 19, 2020
Trauma & Traumatic Stress: What Every Therapist Needs to Know
- The myth of stress
- How stress affects the mind and body
- Neurocience of traumatic stress
- Causes Trauma & Traumatic Stress
- What Heals Trauma & Traumatic Stress
- Understand the research
- Limitations and potential risks
Essential Elements of Trauma Treatment: The Ground Work for Successful Trauma Treatment
- “Active Ingredients” for Effective Trauma Treatment
- A good therapeutic relationship
- Self-regulation/relaxation technology
- Safe exposure
- Cognitive restructuring/psychoeducation
Assessment & Staged Treatment Approach for Trauma: Integrating an Empowerment & Resilience Treatment Structure
- Preparation & Relationship
- Positive Expectancy
- Feedback Informed Treatment
- Skills Building and Cognitive Restructuring
- Tools for Hope (An “Owner’s Manual” for the ANS)
- Self-Regulation: Neuroception & Interoception
- Skills for Self-regulation
- Desensitization & Integration
- In vivo vs. Imaginal Exposure
- Forward-Facing Trauma Therapy & In vivo Exposure
- Posttraumatic Growth & Resilience
- Construct “Documents of Intention”
- Healing the Moral Wound
J. Eric Gentry, Ph.D., D.A.A.E.T.S., is an internationally recognized leader in the study and treatment of traumatic stress and compassion fatigue. His Ph.D. is from Florida State University, where he studied with Professor Charles Figley – a pioneer of these two fields. In 1997, he co-developed the Accelerated Recovery Program (ARP) for Compassion Fatigue-the world’s only evidence-based treatment protocol for compassion fatigue. In 1998, he introduced the Certified Compassion Fatigue Specialist Training and Compassion Fatigue Prevention & Resiliency Training. These two trainings have demonstrated treatment effectiveness for the symptoms of compassion fatigue, and he published these effects in several journals. He has trained over 100,000 health professionals over the past 20 years.
He is the co-author of Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilization and Recovery-a critically acclaimed text on the treatment of traumatic stress. He is also the author of the groundbreaking Forward-Facing® Trauma Therapy: Healing the Moral Wound. He is the co-author of Forward-Facing® Professional Resilience: Resolution and Prevention of Burnout, Toxic stress and Compassion Fatigue, Unlocking the Keys to Human Resilience, and Transformative Care: A Trauma-Focused Approach to Caregiving.
Financial: J. Eric Gentry receives compensation as Owner of Compassion Unlimited. He receives royalties as an author for Hogrefo & Huber Publishing. Dr. Gentry receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: J. Eric Gentry has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.biz.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!