- Topic Areas:
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2013
- Salvador Minuchin, MD
- Course Levels:
- Master Degree or Higher in Health-Related Field
- Audio and Video
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 12, 2013
Dr. Minuchin will show segments from a first session he conducted with a family, highlighting the concepts that underlie the techniques; the ways that he, as the therapist, assess his interventions; and the impact the family has on him.
- Describe the expanded concept of “the identified patient.”
- Explain how the therapist challenges a family constructively.
- Explain how silence can be used as a therapeutic instrument?
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*