- Topic Areas:
- Invited Address
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2013
- Mary Pipher, PhD
- Course Levels:
- Master Degree or Higher in Health-Related Field
- Audio and Video
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 14, 2013
We’ll explore the deluge tidal of information, including a great deal of traumatic information about the fate of Mother Earth, that all of us are confronted with daily. I’ll share the steps of a trauma-to-transcendence cycle that begins with awareness, leads to resilient coping, and then continues to a transcendent response. This cycle always involves action and creates hope.
- Help their own clients effectively identify and cope with the many global threats that are part of the landscape of our lives.
- Describe the process of denial that keeps us from dealing with global climate change, and also the trauma-to-transcendence cycle that has the potential to save us.
- Teach clients many antidotes to despair, including action, a growth in moral imagination and bliss.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*