Developing a Mentoring Program
By: Ellen Ensher
Duration: 1h 5m
Released: June 7, 2017
Formal mentoring programs help organizations retain employees, increase job satisfaction and commitment, and cultivate organizational citizenship behavior. In this course, management professor and mentoring expert Ellen Ensher outlines five critical elements of a formal mentoring program, and explains how to establish a program in your own organization. She covers designing a framework and a needs assessment for your mentoring program, creating a mentoring culture, choosing participants, and providing training and ongoing support for participants. To wrap up, she shares ways to evaluate your program.
- The benefits of formal mentoring programs
- The types and purpose of mentoring programs
- Designing a framework and a needs assessment
- Creating a mentoring culture
- Ensuring organizational support
- Choosing participants
- Training essentials for mentors
- Concluding and celebrating your program
- Evaluating your program
- Making your mentoring program last
- 1. An Overview of Mentoring Programs
- 2. Pre-Program Needs Assessment
- 3. Infrastructure and Support
- 4. Choosing Participants
- 5. Training & Ongoing Support for Participants
- 6. Concluding and Evaluating your Program
Ellen Ensher PhD, is a professor of management at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. Dr. Ensher has an established expertise in mentoring programs and career advice, and is a frequent keynote speaker and workshop leader for conferences and public and private organizations around the world. She is also the author of Power Mentoring, which highlights how to get ahead professionally by developing a network of different types of mentors. Over the past 20 years, Dr. Ensher has consulted for a number of organizations. She has been a featured speaker on mentoring to clients including Kraft Foods, Legg Mason, the Sisters of the Holy Cross, UCLA Executive Education, the US Navy, and the World Presidents’ Organization. Ellen has been quoted on the topic of mentoring, career advice, and human resources in Fast Company, Forbes, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and USA Today. She has appeared as a guest on several podcasts and radio and BizLearning shows, and her blog and TEDx talk on how to get a mentor are available at www.ellenensher.com.
Get Download Ellen Ensher – Developing a Mentoring Program at Forimc.net today!
– After your purchase, you’ll see a View your orders link which goes to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
– Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed, we’ll also send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Forimc.biz.
– Since it is a digital copy, our suggestion is to download and save it to your hard drive. In case the link is broken for any reason, please contact us and we will resend the new download link.
– If you cannot find the download link, please don’t worry about that. We will update and notify you as soon as possible at 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (UTC+8).
Thank You For Shopping With Us!