- Topic Areas:
- Brief Therapy Conference | Brief Therapy Conference 2012
- Reid Wilson, PhD
- Course Levels:
- Master Degree or Higher in Health-Related Field
- Audio and Video
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 08, 2012
Persuading OCD clients to adopt a new frame of reference is the therapist’s primary task. Altering perception– not adding technique–helps them change directions, because belief always trumps exposure practice. Participants will learn a persuasive strategy–built out of whole cloth within the first session–that will frame the entire treatment protocol.
- Explain the two primary, though dysfunctional, objectives of clients with obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Defend the importance of altering perception, as opposed to utilizing technique, to help clients with OCD.
- Describe and utilize a persuasive strategy to frame the treatment protocol for OCD.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*