- Topic Areas:
- Invited Address
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 1995
- Arnold Lazarus, Ph.D. | Donald Meichenbaum, PhD
- 1 Hour 23 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 14, 1995
Anyone can perform brief or short-term therapy, but unless pivotal issues are addressed, the treatment will, at best, be too narrow and restricted. It is essential to employ empirically established methods whenever possible, but also to have a framework and rationale for on-the-spot inventiveness. This Invited Address will explain how to be precise and targeted while also ensuring that interactive healing processes are put into effect.
- To describe specific treatments of choice.
- To provide a framework for thorough assessment.
- To tie the selection of techniques to an empirical foundation.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*