- Topic Areas:
- Point/Counterpoint Session
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2005
- Francine Shapiro, PhD | Otto Kernberg, MD
- 1 Hour 13 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 08, 2005
The Adaptive Information Processing model, which guides EMDR, posits that dysfunctional beliefs, emotions and behaviors are often a direct manifestation of etiological events that have been improperly stored in memory. Implications of the model underscore the obligation of our profession to treat both victims and perpetrators of abuse and violence worldwide.
- To list the steps and clinical parameters for group trauma treatment.
- To identify stages in the information processing conceptualization of perpetrator treatment.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*