- Topic Areas:
- Anxiety | Cognitive Behavior Therapy | Workshop
- Brief Therapy Conference | Brief Therapy Conference 2012
- Frank Dattilio, PhD, ABPP
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 08, 2012
Clinicians are very likely to encounter patients in their clinical practice that experience both anxiety and medical illness. Sometimes differentiating the symptoms of each can become extremely difficult and can serve to exacerbate either condition. This workshop will introduce some of the cognitive-behavioral techniques that are used in helping clinicians differentiate symptoms and also intervene, providing patients with skills for managing their anxiety, as well as their medical illness.
- The participants will be better able to aid patients in differentiating symptoms of anxiety and medical illness.
- Participants will learn techniques for short-term treatment of anxiety with patients who have medical illnesses.
- Participants will learn to determine when to use behavioral as opposed to cognitive interventions or both.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*